Who We Are
The People Matter Project
The People Matter Project is a compassion-based ministry affiliated with the Nepean Seventh-day Adventist Church. We believe that people matter. As such, our goal is to serve, support and encourage the Nepean/Barrhaven community and beyond. Our ministry reflects these goals through inclusive, collaborative and passionate events and services.
Our diverse team strives to identify and meet the needs of the community in a timely fashion. Follow our social media and check in on our website to keep up to date with our ministry events and projects. If you see a need in our community, we want to hear from you.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment. This ensures that our initiatives and campaigns impact a wide variety of individuals and that those individuals feel safe and included.
- We strive to raise awareness. We create campaigns and initiatives that speak to the prominent topics within our community as well as large scale issues that have a direct impact on our community members.
- We rely on collaborating with our community. The contributions of our community are invaluable and we recognize that our ministry has the biggest impact when working alongside local businesses, organizations and movements.
- Our team is passionate about our purpose. We are always looking to improve our ministry and are focused on meeting the needs of our community. Each member of our team is committed to our purpose which allows us to support our community with eagerness and dedication.
- We provide strong leadership. Our team is a very diverse group. This allows us to provide culturally inclusive support as well as age-appropriate content.
- We strive to deliver timely content. Our campaigns and initiatives focus on current events and issues that our community is facing. We strive to ensure that the community’s needs are met as soon as possible.
- We strive towards compassionate communication. The programs we provide look to reach members of our community with compassion and open communication. We want individuals to feel heard and understood
— Our Mission
For our ministry to be a source of Help, Hope and Healing in our community.
— Our Vision
— Our Slogan
‘Building and serving together through relationships’